Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Memories of Ramadan.

Every year, Muslim will celebrate Ramadhan. Now, Ramadhan is coming back and I feel excited to celebrate it. I remember when I in six years old. My father had told me that if I success to complete my fasting, he will give the present at Eid day. That was first time I learn to fast with my beloved family. For the first time, it is hard to me to through that day. Then, it becomes easier and I am happy fasting with them.

When I was 18, I enter into UiTM and me fasting without my family. That was new experience to me because before this I never separated with my family. In first Ramadhan, I felt very sad and really miss my mother and her cooking. However, I have my friends to fast together. Every evening, we will go to ‘bazar Ramadhan’ to buy some food to eat at fasting break. It is an enjoyable experience with my friends and I had learned something from that. There are I must be careful to spent money to buy food and to be patience in whatever situation.

The best thing in Ramadhan is food. The most popular food in Ramadhan is ‘kurma’. ‘Kurma’ is a favorite food prophet Muhammad. Usually, we will eat ‘kurma’ first because it is sunnah of the prophet. ‘Kurma’ is sweet and I really like it.

When the Eid day will appear, all my aunties, uncles and also my cousins will busy to prepare ‘rendang’, ‘lemang’ and many food. At seven last days Ramadhan, we will prepare lamp around my grandfather house. It was enjoy and happy to see a beautiful lamp and make me excited to celebrate Eid day.

There are a lot of memories in Ramadhan to me story it. This is just a little memory that I can share with all and I hope Ramadhan will be come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment